We would like to congratulate alL the WAER award winners for 2020! Congratulations on your achievement and can’t wait to celebrate your accomplishments soon!
Scholarship Recipient: Heather Hasse Special Recognition: Andrea Yenter Special Recognition Honorable Nominee: Cheyanne King Omar L. Miron Award: Jeannine Kennevan William H. English Award: Renee Brewster
The following are the award recipients for the 2020 WAER awards. We can not wait until we are able to honor all of you!
Scholarship – Heather Hasse
Special Recognition Award – Andrea Yenter
Special Recognition Honorable Nominee – Cheyanne King
Omar L. Miron Award – Jeannine Kennevan
William H. English Award – Renee Brewster
Let’s celebrate a few awesome things we accomplished and our commitments to this community for the new year.
WAER joins you in celebrating:
- The 4th Collaborative Vision Conference with a performance from Blind Joe
- Tina McKeel as the WAER scholarship winner for pursuing further learning in the vision field
- AND the development of THIS digital community! WAERvis continues to be a great way for our stakeholders to learn, share, and collaborate. We thank you for following the guidelines that help to unite our community.
WAER is looking forward to:
- Building a stronger more diverse organization that is focused on promoting, developing, and improving all phases of education and rehabilitation of blind and visually impaired persons that we work with (Consider joining us! Learn more at https://aerwisconsin.org/)
- An amazing 5th annual 20/20 Collaborative Vision Conference on May 7th and 8th in Stevens Point
The fall is an exciting time for the WAER Board of Directors; it is when they focus on two of our largest and most important projects–planning the annual conference and seeking new members for Board positions that will become vacant in the spring. Finding new leadership is a challenging, yet rewarding experience. When we find folks who are interested in becoming a new leader in our organization, it allows for fresh ideas and perspectives on how we can support professionals in Wisconsin. This year, Past President, Trudy Stachowiak, a long time AER member and board member is looking for individuals who would like to serve in the following positions:
- President Elect
- Member at Large
If you are interested in serving in one of these positions, please contact Trudy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.